Last Modified: May 17, 2022
Mini Top Shop is held by 9424-0199 Québec Inc. a corporation formed according to the Business Corporations Act RLRQ, chapter S-31.1 in Canada.
Collection of Personal Information
To establish an account with us or in connection with your use of our Website, we may collect the following personal information:
- Information you provide to us when you use our Site (e.g., your full name, contact details, shipping address, email address, phone number, gender, product reviews, and any information you add to your account profile).
- Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our Site (e.g., credit/debit card details collected via our third-party payment processor, PayPal and/or Stripe, and delivery information).
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g., if you contact our customer service team and interact with us on social media).
- Information you provide us when you enter a competition or participate in a survey.
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g., which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates). We may also collect information about the device you use to access our Site.
- Other information necessary to provide the Site; for example, we may access your location if you give us your consent.
If you also shop in one of our stores, we may combine information you give us in-store (e.g., if you make a purchase or join our mailing list in-store) with the information above.
Information we collect by automated means.
- URLs that refer visitors to our websites.
- Search terms used to reach our websites.
- Details about the emails we send, such as opens, clicks, and unsubscribes.
- Details about the devices used to access our websites (such as IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information).
- Details about your interaction with our websites (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits to our websites, referral activity, and which emails you may have opened).
- Usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our websites).
We may associate this information with your Mini Top Shop account if you have one, the device you use to connect to our Services, or email or social media accounts you use to engage with Mini Top Shop.
Although we may host their forms and data entry fields on our Website, you are providing them to the applicable payment processor when you provide the payment details. While we will not have access to your entire credit card number, we will be able to bill your credit or debit card and may have access to the specific card and payment details such as the name on your card, billing address, and card expiration date. If you have questions regarding our payment processor, please contact us.
We may also use the PayPal and Stripe address verification services (“AVS”). AVS is used to help prevent credit card fraud by cross-referencing the address associated with your order for shipping purposes with the address associated with your credit or debit as provided by the applicable card issuer.
How We Use Your Information
Depending on how you use our Site, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for which we use your personal data include:
- To fulfill your order and maintain your online account.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- To personalize the Site to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, purchase history, and browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain the Site and monitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g., we may contact you for feedback about our products.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, investigate fraud and, where necessary, protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps before entering into a contract with you (e.g., where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfill your order).
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g., where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- Because it is in our legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of the Site to make it more exciting and relevant regarding the products and offers on view.
Who May Have Access to Your Information?
Our suppliers, partners, independent contractors (collectively “Third-Party Providers”), and/or employees may have access to or be shared personal information to use in connection with one or more of the purposes for which the information was collected.
Our Third-Party Providers may have access to personal information to provide services to us or provide you with access to the Website. We may use a variety of Third-Party Providers to:
- Host our Website, including, for example, hosting servers that store personal information.
- Host our email accounts.
- Host online accounting and invoicing software.
- Fulfill your orders.
- Collect amounts owing to us.
- Send or facilitate the sending of marketing communications (such as bulk emails).
- Conduct or facilitate the offering of research surveys.
- Verify the information that you provide to us.
- Deliver products.
- Provide customer support.
- Our Website is built on the open-source platform WordPress and implements WooCommerce. For more details, visit woocommerce
- Our email marketing providers are:
- Our icon comes from several sources, one of these sources Freepik
We may also use the following Third-Party Providers for data analytics in connection with your use of our Website:
- Google LLC, together with their affiliated entities worldwide, uses Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Facebook Pixel, offered by Facebook, Inc. and their affiliated and related entities, provides us with analytics and insights on your use of our Website. If you are a Facebook user, Facebook Pixel helps us target advertising to you via Facebook‘s platforms (Facebook and Instagram) based on the various pages you visit on our Website.
We may update the above list of Third-Party Providers from time to time as our Website continues to evolve. Third-Party Providers may have their agreements and privacy policies on collecting and using personal information that you or we provide them.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as Facebook or Google). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of personalized ads.
Your Rights and Choices
Managing or deactivating your Mini Top Shop account
You may review, update, or modify your account information, including profile, contact, payment, and shipping information, at any time by logging into your Mini Top Shop account. You may also deactivate your Mini Top Shop account, please contact us directly
Opting out of email marketing
You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails at any time by following the instructions included in those emails. If you opt out of receiving such communications, note that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as order confirmation emails or emails about changes to our legal terms).
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
Our Services are not designed for children. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us, please contact us directly.
We work hard to keep your data safe. We use a combination of technical, administrative, and physical controls to maintain the security of your data; this includes using Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) to encrypt many of our Services. No method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure, however. If you have a security-related concern, please contact us.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a European resident, we process your personal data when:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the Mini Top Shop products you have ordered).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data for performance marketing activities, conduct data analytics, and provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We need to do so to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- We need to do so to protect your vital interests or those of others.
- We have your consent to do so, which you may withdraw at any time.
Data Subject Requests
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, updated, or erased. You may also have the right to object to or request that we restrict specific processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may submit a request, please contact us directly. If you have a Mini Top Shop account, you may also review, update, and delete specific personal data by logging into your account.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a European resident and have a concern about how we process personal data that we cannot resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you live. For contact details of your relevant local Data Protection Authority, please see:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm or, if you are a resident of Switzerland, https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html
California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) and the Shine the Light law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83) affords consumers residing in California certain rights concerning their personal data. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The CCPA requires us to disclose the following information concerning our collection, use, and disclosure of personal data. In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal data: identifiers, commercial information, demographic information (note that some demographic information may be considered characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law), internet or electronic network activity, geolocation data, audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, inferences, and other categories of personal data that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of the precise data points we collect, please see “Information We Collect” above. We collect personal data for business or commercial purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal data for business to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Data||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers||Advertising networks, marketing partners, data analytics providers, market research platform, payment processors, fulfillment partners, customer support partners, Internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, other users, fraud prevention partners, cloud service providers, technical maintenance, and system security providers|
|Commercial Information||Data analytics providers, advertising networks, marketing partners, market research platform, payment processors, fulfillment partners, customer support partners, and fraud prevention partners, cloud service provider|
|Characteristics of Protected Classifications under state or federal law, such as age||Advertising networks, marketing partners, market research platform, other users, customer feedback platforms|
|Internet or other electronic network activity||Advertising networks, marketing partners, data analytics providers, Internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, cloud service providers, fraud prevention partners, technical maintenance and system security providers|
|Geolocation data||Advertising networks, marketing partners, data analytics providers, Internet service providers, operating systems, and platforms|
|Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information||Customer support partners, market research platform, facility security partners|
|Inferences||Advertising networks, data analytics providers, customer support partners, fraud prevention partners, cloud service providers|
Mini Top Shop does not sell your personal data. We allow our advertising partners to collect specific device identifiers and electronic network activity via our Services to show ads targeted to your interests. To opt out of having your personal data used for targeted advertising purposes, please see the Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others section above.
Subject to certain limitations, California consumers have the right to (1) request to know more about the specific pieces and categories of personal data we collect, use, and disclose, (2) request deletion of their personal data, and (3) opt-out of any “sales” of your personal data that may be occurring, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may request to know more about or delete your personal data by emailing email@example.com. We will verify your request by contacting you after receiving your request to verify your identity. Please note that we may retain certain information as required or permitted by applicable law. If you request to delete your personal data, certain of our products and services may no longer be available to you.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf.
We offer various financial incentives. For example, we may provide discounts or other benefits to customers who sign up to receive our marketing emails. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect personal data from you, such as identifiers like your name and email address. You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up instructions, and you can opt out of the incentive by contacting us. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will provide to you when you sign up. The value of your personal data is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you.
Shine the Light
California law permits California residents to request specific details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes or to opt out of such sharing. We do not share your personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Links to Other Websites and Third-Party Content
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” or “Share” button or the Twitter “Tweet” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media. Your use of such features enables sharing information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. Please visit the entities’ privacy policies that provide these features for more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing connected with social sharing features.
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as it is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain specific transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired. When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is removed from our systems and records or anonymized so that you can no longer be identified from it.
Contacting Mini Top Shop
If you have questions about this policy or need help exercising your privacy rights, please contact us at:
2-6875 27e Avenue, Montréal, QC H1T 3K3 Canada.